>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Symbols

Our culture is riddled with icons and logos, but most don't realize what they are advertising on their t-shirts. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6) So, I would like to bring to your attention some "common symbols" and what they really mean...


#1. The Peace Sign

The peace sign started becoming really popular in the 60's and has been associated with the whole "peace movement" but let's not for get the "wonderful" catch phrase of the era "sex, drugs, and rock and roll." Let's look at a peace singe a little bit closer...

A peace sign is a cross with the arms broken off! This symbol represents that Christ died in vain. Some symbol to be wearing on your t-shirt to youth-group.


#2. The Yin Yang.

The yin yang is a popular eastern symbol. Notice that the black and white "fish" are the same size and they each have a spot in their core. White naturally represents good while black represents evil. The sign therefore means that good (God) and evil (Satan) are equally matched and are circling each other for all eternity, neither will ever win, nor will either ever loose; there is a little bit of evil in everything good and there is a little bit of good in everything evil. So, how do you like them onions?



#3. The Triskelion.

This symbol looks similar to a triple yin yang and is almost as popular in jewelry as the peace sign. This symbol is one of the more frightening because if you learn to look for it, the triskelion can be found almost everywhere. This symbol is the sign of the Beast; it is three 6's circling each other.

These were the three main images that I wanted to touch on because it really does aggravate me when I go to church and I see the youth covered in these Satanic signs. There are countless others that I could go over: the crescent moon and palm tree (Islamic icons), the rock on hand sign, the swastika. snakes in skulls, and pentagrams being just a couple. So, please, my bothers and sisters, if you want to "wear" your faith, don't wear these symbols no matter how difficult!

7 comments:

Reversed Edge said...

Thank you so much for posting this! It is much needed in today's society (especially amongst Christians, as sad as that is). Keep fighting the good fight!

Anonymous said...

Could you do some more signs please?:D This was good.I didn't know that the triskelion thingy was the sign of the beast...I don't know that I've seen it jewelry either...
-Kaci E.

Christine Ericson said...

Sure. I plan on doing one of these every once in a while because there are just SO many. Lots of times the symbols are subtly placed, so make sure you triple check your items for signs!

Anonymous said...

www.teachpeace.com/peacesymbolhistory.htm

Christine Ericson said...

Good history, but don't think for a moment that Satan didn't have his hands over the whole works...

Anonymous said...

Ok so people have used the peace sign as a bad symbol at one time, I get that. But now it's used as a symbol of good. ( or just cuz it looks cool) I don't see anything wrong with wearing it on a shirt. Like, the rainbow once was a symbol for God's promise, and now it's also used for a symbol of gay pride. Does that mean I shouldn't like rainbows?

That's just my thoughts

Christine Ericson said...

One has to look at the original meaning of the symbol. The ORIGINAL meaning of the rainbow was God's promise to earth that he would never destroy the earth with a global flood again. But if you look at where other symbols come from, you'll find that most came from ancient occultic practices and religions. I just could bring myself to be comfortable in a shirt that has a symbol that either mocks or was used to rally people against Christians.

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger