>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Future Husband - 7

Woo! Okay, last one (for now) is Gentleman. My guy has to be an old fashioned gentleman! This is just one of those things that lets me know that he hasn't been swept up into the culture's brainwashing system.

They guy that opens doors, pulls out chairs, says please, thank-you, and you're welcome... stuff like that. It shows that he is courteous and respectful. I've heard MANY complaints that guys shouldn't have to do these things because girls will get mad. Let me tell you, the girls that get mad at you for opening doors are not the girls you want to hang out with! Since when does the culture dictate what is considered "right"? According to our standards, simple things like pulling out chairs are considered the height of respect and "polite-ness" (any movie will tell you so!)

"Chivalry is dead, and women killed it."

I saw this quote on a t-shirt, and it nearly made me cry. Due to the "feminist" movement, guys have been discouraged and reprimanded for being what? -- gentlemen! I can't stand the "femi-nazis"! Yes, they did SOME good buy giving equal rights for women to work and vote, but it spun out of control! Women that used to be the image of gentleness and beauty have been twisted into warmongers!

Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Guys, don't let the culture dictate to you what you should be like. Be chivalrous knights! It's not impossible if you put forward just a little effort. Ask your coworkers if they would like to be walked to their car late at night. If you see someone having trouble in the grocery store, ask if you can help. Wait an extra couple of seconds so that you can open the door for the couple coming in behind you. It's not hard! And I can guarantee you that the amount of rewards you receive in heaven for your work will VASTLY outweigh the criticism you get here on earth.


Philippians 2:15 "so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world"

It is impossible to be justly attacked for doing something good. When you show yourselves to be men of goodness and righteousness, it will be impossible for anyone to be able to find true fault with you.

Well, this topic is definitely NOT closed. Perhaps someday later I will return and come up with more, but I hope everyone enjoyed it!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

4 comments:

D.B. said...

Nice series. Something I would suggest is that be aware that you may have to "compromise" in certain sections, since this could be nearly impossible :-) Now, I don't mean that you compromise your values, but you may have to prioritize the ones you are unwilling (and should be)to compromise and some you are willing to give a little grace.

Plus, you don't want this to push into being so high maintanance that the man feels inadequate if he does not always fulfill your requirements. I don't get that sense from you, but there are some things to think about.

Christine Ericson said...

I totally understand. I don't expect perfection anymore than I myself expect to be perfect. That's impossible! But WAYYYYYY to many girls make excuses and date complete jerks! I want a guy that at the very least WANTS to TRY to be the best example of Christ that he can be. That he actually BE Christ is silly, but the desire is what I'm looking for. :)

D.B. said...

Well said. Good luck with that...way in the future. :-)

Christine Ericson said...

No kidding XD!

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger