>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Future Husband - 4

Provider! My husband has to be an amazing provider -- not just because he needs to pay the bills, but so that I can stay home and manage the household.

After WWII when all the American troops came home, women had gotten used to being in the workforce. At first the families loved it, there was more than enough money for everyone, but quickly the law of supply and demand came into effect.

(A short economy lesson) When the supply is high and the demand is low, the price is low. When the supply is low and the demand is high, the price is high. Because everyone had more money (after the war) they began buying more things -- making the supply low. However, even though there were fewer items to be sold the demand was still there; what had to happen to the price? It increased. Now a pair of socks that sold for 50 cents now sells for 2 dollars. Because women stayed in the workforce a domino effect happened that skyrocketed the prices.

So why do I need a husband that is not just a good or great provider, but an AMAZING provider? Because in order for me to be able to stay home he has to make double (yes you heard me -- DOUBLE) the amount the average person does. Since the "average" household usually has two breadwinners, my husband is going to have to make twice as much as what is considered "average". Not a simple nor easy feat.

As lady of the house, I will do whatever I can to be thrifty and budget conscious! Ladies, I encourage you to the highest degree to learn how to do things "home-style" -- you'd be AMAZED how much money you save! I've learned how to take Goodwill clothes and "re-make" them into cute, tailored outfits. To help my family, I make all the bread we need (at less than 25 cents a loaf!) We grow herbs to flavor our food to help save money there. My mother had learned how to repair a house (from caulking to drywall) by herself. My dad's learned how to dye hair -- bunches of things that add up to massive savings!!!

So, to conclude, my poor fellah is going to have to be willing to work hard -- doubly hard! -- to keep food on the table for our family, and have God's fullest blessing.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger