>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Future Husband - 3

Hmm, this is getting tougher as everything narrows down. Next, I suppose would be (I'm not sure what word would describe this) He's not afraid to do what God has called him to do, but yet doesn't get pressured into doing things God has NOT called him to do. Allow me to illustrate:

IF God called you to quit your job, sell your house, and start traveling the country preaching, you should go because God called you to do it.

However...

IF everyone in your Church has decided to go on a 3-week mission trip to New Deli and you know for a fact that this is NOT something God wants you to do, you should not go because God hasn't called you.

Does any of this make scene? I guess a better way to put it would be, don't be superficial and don't be a hypocrite by doing things God has not called you to do. If God has not called you to (lets say...) adopt 12 orphans from Russia, as hard as it would be to believe, it would be a BAD thing. Oh, yes, God will work everything to His greatest good, but you may have taken the job away from the person God REALLY has called to do.

The other half of this is DO go and do what God HAS called you to do. If God has called you to let just 60 minutes of your time to a soup kitchen or to set up chairs before service starts, you sure as heck better do it! Guess why? Because God has called you to do it!

On a much smaller scale in this vein, I know when I get married and have my own home, I want to start a family Bible study. Let us assume that this does happen. If my husband feels burdened to give a message to the 5 (or less?) families -- he should! I have a big problem with this myself -- doing the "little" things I know God asks of me. God was gracious enough to grant me the gift of Prophesy, BUT I get the biggest, hugest case of stage fright whenever I have to say something that most of the time I just don't say anything. I know this is a sin and I'm robbing someone of something they may really need to hear (thus I am doing my BEST to work on it.)

Also I don't want my husband to get caught up in following the "spiritual crowd" when doing things. Just because everyone is raising their hands in worship doesn't mean you HAVE to. At my church group, everyone stands and prays before we have the meal. I can't "bow my head and close my eyes" because I get really dizzy, loose my balance, and fall. Does that mean I'm being any less spiritual than those around me? No! Sometimes the church places standards on people that really aren't standards, but "shows". I don't want my husband to be a "show-er". I want him to be a real-deal, what-you-see-is-what-you-get, say-what-I-mean-and-mean-what-I-say kinda guy.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger