>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Future Husband - 2

Another HUGE thing my husband has to do is: Love God more than he loves me.

This is going to sound selfish (and it probably is) but I want my husband to be crazy about me. I want him to always be thinking of me, wondering how I'm doing, and be slightly "over-protective" of me. I want him do always want to BE with me -- be in fellowship with me. If I want this for me, how much more for God?

I want my husband to seek God with ALL of his EVERYTHING. I love it when I see a guy looking and searching out the answers to questions about God and the Bible or fervently listening to lessons in Church. I want to be able to go to my husband with a paradox and have us find out the answer together.

A big part in loving God is prayer. I need to know that the man I'm going to marry wants to have a REAL relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer. The only way we as humans get to be involved with God's plans is to pray, and I want the leader of my family to be up to his eyeballs in prayer. How in the world is my husband going to know what to do with our family if he doesn't pray? However, I don't want him to pray just because he HAS to; I want my husband to pray because he WANTS to. Guys need to desire to know God, just as we girls do.

"The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me. I stand up on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E. BIBLE!!!"

This simple song illustrates a fundamental concept -- study God's Word! What novel idea! "Read the Bible every day." You know, the more I read the Bible the more it sticks. I go through the Proverbs every month and I've been doing this for over a year. Do you know how much of it just stays with me?!? I will just be minding my own business and find myself in a situation where like 10 Bible verses involuntarily pop into my brain! Old Testament stories, Psalms, and New Testament teachings do their part in helping me live a Godly life also. Guys, you NEED the Bible to SURVIVE! Let alone live a Godly life. When I do my devotions in the morning, it takes me well over an hour just to get the study in -- never mind the prayer and worship. When seeking God you have to KNOW God, and the only way to know God is to read His Word.

Loving God is the #1 commandment and I want to make sure that BOTH I and my husband follow God with all that is in us.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

2 comments:

D.B. said...

Nice thoughts, Christine. Be sure to stand strong with the standard of him loving God more than you. It can be done. Tracy does not mind being #2 in my life. :-)

Christine Ericson said...

Thanks, Derrick. The reason it's so important to me is because I don't eve want to think what would happen to us if he only listened to ME. I would have us all in a heap! XD

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger