>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Future Husband - 1

Okay, I decided to capitalize and steal an idea from James Knoop and do my own "7 attributes" I look for in my future husband. :D So let me think...

Leader. Since man is the head of the household, I want to marry a guy that is an amazing leader! When a man can take charge of a situation, immediately start solving problems, and get into the nitty gritty of what's going on, that shows me that he really cares about those around him. A good leader also knows when he cannot handle a situation and delegates more capable people when necessary. I don't expect my husband to know how to fix a bathtub, rewire lights, program computers, and do open heart surgery! But I DO expect my husband to be smart enough to get someone who DOES know how to do the job.

I know it's not easy for men to be leaders -- there's a heck of a lot of pressure!!! I know for a fact (because I've tried) that I'm a terrible leader! So, I want to support my husband in whatever ways I can. I don't want to be a nag or contentious, so I do my best to keep my mouth shut. What you guys can do to help your wives, is to occasionally ASK us what we think about your decisions. Doing this will communicate to us that you actually CARE about our opinion, and we'll be less likely to object to your decisions because we know that you cared enough to ask. In our defense, we might be able to tell you something you missed. :)

In my wanderings, I see so many young men that don't have the slightest idea HOW to lead. This makes me so sad because I know that they will be forced to be leaders of families. And leaving all the decisions up to someone else is not leading either. I have no problem with a guy saying, "Let me get help" or "Let me seek godly counsel, first" that shows maturity in that he knows he doesn't have all the answers -- and never will, you'd have to be God to know that! But when it gets right down to it, you've got to make the call; don't let other people do it for you.

A great leader puts others before himself, and wants to see to it that everyone is fully provided for (kinda sounds like Jesus, huh?). As a WAMIT (Wife And Mother In Training) I want to do everything that I can to learn how to help my husband be a great leader, but if there's no desire on his part, what's the point. I'm not saying that ALL men are natural born leaders, but ALL men have to lead. You know what that means? If it doesn't come naturally to you, you have to work at it until you become a natural it. Perhaps leading will always be extremely difficult for you, but that is NO excuse for not leading.

As a WAMIT I want to know that I can completely trust in my leader -- not because he'll never make mistakes, but because I know for an unmitigated fact that he is splitting his tail to do what is best for our family. And no matter how much I may disagree with his decisions, I know that God will be using him as the leader of my family, and I will obey him because when I obey my husband I am obeying God. All he has to do is actually LEAD.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger