>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Future Husband - 6

Protective. This is really important to girls in general. We know we're smaller and weaker than guys. I don't want to play the damsel in distress, but I do want to know that my husband will protect me.

There is a difference between being protective and being controlling:

When someone is controlling, they want to have supreme authority over every little thing in every situation. I don't mind someone being "in control"; in fact I need it -- I'm terrible at organizing functions and planning. But what I don't want is someone who won't let me talk to "other members of the opposite gender" or demands I do everything HIS way.

When someone is protective, they want to make sure that the people they are "in charge" of are safe. I mean this in a commonsensical way -- going downtown at midnight, no. Going to a person that you KNOW is untrustworthy's house, no. One way that my dad is "protective" over me is he wants to know: when I'm leaving, where I'm going, and approximately when I will be home. This is NOT NOT NOT unreasonable because if something happened -- say I got in a wreck and my phone broke -- Dad would know that I didn't arrive home on time, alerting him to the fact something went wrong, and know where to look for me. Seems kinda a no-brainer to me!

I also like when guys are protective in the manner of: tell me who did it and I'll kill him. Seriously! I think it's the most romantic and wonderful feeling knowing that my husband will knockout anyone who "messes" with me (or our family).

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her" Ephesians 5:25

Husbands had better love a heck of a lot because they have to be willing to DIE -- yep, I said the "d" word -- for their wives. As a someday-wife I need to feel protected with that kind of love. Sounds like a tall order? Apparently not to God because He's the one that said it.

On a much smaller scale, I enjoy little things that make me feel protected too. Walking in front of me makes me feel protected because that tells me if we walk into anything dangerous, he wants to be at the forefront to deal with it, and so that I will be safe in his shadow. His walking on the "street side" makes me feel protected in the same way too.

Well, tomorrow will be the last day! I know just what I want it to be about, so I'm really excited!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger