>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Future Husband - 5

This one is extra important to me! My husband has to take joy in things with me. I love spending time with people and I want to be a million percent positive that my husband will want to spend lots of time with me just doing... things! Whether it be a walk in the park, cooking a meal, or simply looking at a flower. I DON'T want my husband to be the type of person that gets so wrapped up in work, projects, even "the church" that he forgets to spend time with me and our kids.

In our world of Internet, cell phones, TV, jobs, status, and all manner of earthy hassles, it's far, FAR to easy to get so whipped up in a whirl of "duties" that we forget to enjoy the earth that God created for us. A lunch break becomes nothing more than "stopping work so that I can fuel my system". Reading becomes nothing more than "adding necessary knowledge to my brain".

"And God said that it [the world/earth/creation] was good."

I personally, NEED to be able to enjoy life. I NEED to be able to take a walk and enjoy what I see. Admire what I see. Many times I'll leave my house for an hour and the total distance I travel is less than a quarter mile. I like to take my time and enjoy the details that God put in his creation. I want my husband to be a guy that I can do this WITH.

I've traveled a lot, and met a lot of people. Most of the people I've met don't know how to "sit and do nothing". My definition of "do nothing" really isn't "not doing anything" but in reality looking, listening, watching, ENJOYING God's creation. People today don't know how to live without their electronic, entertainment devices. I don't want my husband to go through life and miss everything. Neither do I want him to take away time that he could be spending with PEOPLE by being overly wrapped up in cyberspace.


Nature isn't the only thing I want my husband to be able to enjoy. When I say "take joy in everything" I mean I want my husband to be able to take his time and admire anything that peaks his interest. For example, say my husband and I go shopping. I want my husband to be able to enjoy himself in any of the shops we go into. Or perhaps we go to a museum, I want my husband to be able to ENJOY what he sees. Be it art, nature, music, a book, etc.

Rushing is not allowed!!! I believe that just about any obligation or outing can be enjoyed as long as you don't rush. That means my family won't be overly involved in actives. I don't mind being involved with several groups at once, just as long as you don't overload yourself. I want my husband and I to be able to have time to really "get to know" each other. As humans we're always changing, thus we always need to re-know each other.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger