>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

That Which is Right...


I was just thinking today, most people (Christians I mean) know what is right, but seldom do it. If you were to walk up to someone and ask, "Is steeling right?" they would almost certainly answer no. But if you ask them if they have ever stolen, they would have to answer, "Yes."

How about a less extreme example? NOT doing what is right is the same as doing something wrong. Finding an abandoned wallet and NOT turning it in is just as bad as taking it for yourself.

My greatest struggle is knowing what I must do (e.g. giving a word of encouragement to someone) but suddenly getting so nervous that I don't do it. I KNOW that the Lord has asked me to do this simple thing, but fear has drummed me out of obedience. This is when I must remind myself that, "The Lord is my Rock and my Salvation. When He is with us, who can be against us? Whom then shall I fear?"

I must continually work on my courage and strength as well as my wisdom, for what can I do if I am unable to do what I know God has called me to do. And what can I do if I have the ability to do, but I do not know what God is asking of me? Illustration? What good am I if I am trying to get to the hospital and my car does not work (strength and courage). Or what good am I if my car is working, but I do not know where the hospital is (wisdom).

This is one of my journeys, and believe me, I have a loooooooooong way to go. But I pray and strive to be all that I can for my Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger