>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Fruits




We SAY God it the most important thing in our lives, but is He really? When God asks us for our "First Fruits" do we really give him the FIRST fruit or do we give him leftovers that are still good, but are yet still leftovers.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about our priorities. I mean our day-to-day priorities: watching TV with the family instead of doing that devotion you've been meaning to do for the bast month; texting your friends about what you're going to do instead of paying attention during a youth group or Sunday school lesson... Tiny decisions can eat up your time so that you either have nothing left for God or so little left that it's not really worth giving Him.




There's a reason God asks for your "First Fruits." This means before you do anything with your time, before you start your daily grind or get swept up in the million and one things you want to do, you see to it that you get to know the God that created you. This may mean cutting out 30 minutes of late-night computer time so that you can get up 30 minutes earlier the next day for your "quiet time."

A similar idea goes with tithing. You don't pay all your bills then take whatever's leftover and give it to the Church -- NO! The very first 10% of the money that touches your hand goes to the Church, then use whatever is left to pay the bills.

It's the extra effort you put into giving God the first of your everything that gains you the blessing. Your desire to please God first and foremost -- everything beyond that is secondary -- that shows what your priories truly are...

1 comments:

Reversed Edge said...

I agree, this is a very true entry. And I will admit, tithing is something that I only started doing in the past year; but after I started, even though I didn't have a job, little by little I had money returned to me by The Lord.

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger