>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Evil Heart


What is the heart,
But a wicked lump of pulsating flesh?
It lies;
It deceives;
It carries us to our doom.
Why then do we morn the loos?
The loss, the freezing, the breaking of a heart?
Would we not be happier
If we had no heart?
No more arguing, deception or worry --
For we'd have no sick, twisted, and wicked heart.

The answer, my friends, it that
We are one and the same.
To carve out our hearts --
To cease its beating,
Would kill our very soul.

How then can we live?
How can we survive?
Knowing there is no hope to separate us from ourselves?

None, my friends, there is no hope --
We cannot do it by ourselves.

Why then keep living?
Why then keep trying?
Nothing will last. Our works are in vain!

Yes, it's true, but...
If you want your evil heart slain
There is one remedy.

Pray tell, what can it be?
Save my soul from this wicked me!

Drive two nails into your palms
And one into each foot.
Be beaten until there is no flesh
And your bones shine right through.
Have thorns pressed upon your brow
Then hang from a wooden tree.
Only then will the price be paid
Only then will you be free.

Woe is me!
There is no hope!
To die this death?
Or live this joke?
What am I to do?

You could find someone who'd pay your price.
That you could live your life
With hope and light --
No longer would you fear!

Pray, who could I find?
What is his name?
That can save me in time?

His name is simple.
His name is true.
He goes by many things:
A King, A Shepherd, A Lamb.
I call him,
I AM.


(Inspired by Jeremiah 17:9)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger