>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Set me free!





Sigh, sometimes I wish I could write about anything, but since this is a blog with a set topic...

I want to talk about testing. Sort of. I was just thinking how so often the only way to save something is to loose it. Like our redemption in Christ. The only way for us to save our souls is to completely hand it over to Jesus. I once heard from Dr. Dobson, "If you truly love something, let it go (set it free). If it comes back, it's yours; if not, then it was never yours in the first place." This is a fundamental concept for relationships.










If a mother is not allowing her child any room to grow and breath, that child is going to back away (e.g. dislike spending time with the mother, seclude himself etc.) As that child backs away -- trying to give himself some space -- the mother may react by clutching the child even tighter. As you can clearly see, this results in a downward spiral for both parent and child. If the mother truly loved the child, she would give him the space he needs. As a result, the child would feel no bitterness toward his mother and perhaps not mind spending the time his mother needs with him.

The same applies to all relationships: husband/wife, brother/sister, any 2-person relationship. The only way to really keep something is to give it up. As odd as it sounds, it's so true...

2 comments:

Ariel said...

That's a really awesome quote from Mr. Dobson.

Christine Ericson said...

Thanks! I thought so. Doesn't it make so much sense though?

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger