>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Testimony, My Saga, My Legacy... Pt. 4

Chapter 4: In which some growth is shown...

Well, after that, I started getting more involved in youth group. I went every Wednesday and whenever there were special hang-outs, I'd go. I started getting very into preparing for my future husband also. I practiced sewing, cooking, cleaning (and hundreds of my other dabbling projects). I also read whatever material I could get my hands on on the subject.

God also started stirring in my heart. I slowly got more apt at reading my Bible, steadily reading a chapter a day and journaling about it later. I started listening to my dad's library of theologians, and I started praying more. At youth-group, about five of us started meeting before and after the lesson for fellowship and discussion. That was one of the best times of my life.

Coming from a Mediterranean family, our lives revolve around friends, family and food! I made it a point that whenever I'd go to youth, I'd bring something for us to share (cookies to be precise ;) ). We would gather in a small room in the church or in the gazebo outside and encourage and pray for each other. After lessons, we'd take our notes and discuss how we could best apply it to our lives.

During this time I got to watch people grow. My family had at last bought a house and solemnly promised to not move anymore; thus, I had been stationary for about 4 years. I watched the children I baby-sat grow up, and I saw the people at youth discern their paths.

School (home-school to be exact) was still a very large part of my life, not only that, but I was also teaching my younger sister. Everything stayed pretty steady, but still, I was not chasing after God with all of my heart. I was testing Him out, and seeking Him more, but I still had something a head and shoulders above God... Mr. Right.

To Be Continued...
Parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger