>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memory Lane: Strawberry Jam

Today I decided to make strawberry jam and I was thoughtfully reminded of the first time that I was taught this delicious art of preserving fruit.

A friend had invited me over to her house during the strawberry season, she had gone to a field and bought (literally) GALLONS upon GALLONS of strawberries! I helped her unload them into the kitchen and she showed me how to prepare them for jamming. It had been a very wet spring, and this caused the berries to be very small. We washed and cored several thousand of those suckers before we could even get to the fun stuff. :D

After all the cleaning was done, we crushed the fruit and boiled it in one of the largest pots I've ever seen. Feeling a bit like Dallben, I was assigned to stirring the pot. It was so much fun. We were laughing and talking, and as my nature demands, singing while cooking.

Isn't it wonderful how God can bring people together and have a wonderful time? Quite often I find myself having the best time when I'm fellowshipping with other believers. We will bring food, and do something together, sometimes play games, sometimes talk. We share laughs and joys, and bear up eachother's burdens.

Having people you can share your burdens with is important for us sojourners. Since we are not of this world (just simply in it) we need to find and meet with others who are not of this world also. It is in these little groups of True Christians that God really shows Himself.

One of Satan's most convincing lies is that we are all alone in this evil world. That no one else remotely cares about doing what's right, and that no matter how hard you fight, it will never really make a difference because you're all alone. I remember being at youthgroup and the pastor was talking about this very concept. I'm paraphrasing, but this is what he said,

"You are not alone. That's the biggest lie Satan tries to shove down out throats! On the count of three, if you are saving yourself for your future spouse I want you to say 'I am'. One, Two, Three..."

In the room were about 300 high-schoolers. I knew I planned on saving myself for my future husband and as I voiced my "I am" I felt sure that I'd be the only voice to echo in the room. As he said the word three over a hundred voices all said "I am."

"You're not alone," finished the pastor. Tears sprung into my eyes as I realized I had bought into a lie. You are not alone!

Even when you think that nothing matters. Even when you think that there's no point. Even when you think that you're doomed to walk these dusty roads by yourself -- I'm happy to say -- YOU'RE DEAD WRONG!!!

As God said to Elijah, when he cried out of his aloneness,

"Yet I will leave 7,000 in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him." (1Kings 19:18)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger