>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Testimony, My Saga, My Legacy... Pt. 1

I've been wanting to write this for a long time now, but it seems I'm just getting around to doing it. I've decided that I want to write out my testimony for everyone to read. In the words of Solomon, "Listen to counsel and accept discipline, That you may be wise the rest of your days." (Proverbs 19:20) I want people to learn from the mistakes I've make, and perhaps... just perhaps they will fair better than I did.

Before I even start the tail, I want everyone to know, "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) I know a lot of very godly people will disagree with the decisions that I've made. I will be the first to tell you that I've made some pretty big whoppers! But in the end, I've gained such a close and intimate relationship with the God that I love that I don't regret anything that has happened to me, nor do I disdain the destination I have arrived at. I have done my best to portray the events accurately from both sides and chronologically.

(For anonymity, all names and places have been changed ;) )

Chapter 1: In which a course is laid...

I suppose if you're to understand me, I have to give you a bit of background on exactly where I came from. After all, everyone had a beginning and I'm no exception.

My family has the wonderful habit of moving every two years. Like clockwork almost, we pack up all our belongings and leave to what seems to be another country. I loved it. New sights! New sounds! And my favorite of all, New food! But, as much as I enjoyed it, I never had any close friends. As hard as you try (and as procrastinating I am) I could never stay close to someone after we left.

I come from a very large extended family, but a very small immediate family. As much as I love my HUGE family, I'm just not very close to anyone. With that said, my Mother, Father, Sister and I are nigh on inseparable. We've been through just about everything together. As the military says, "No man left behind." No matter what any of us went through, we would stick it out together, and especially since I never had any close friends, we were closer still.

As wonderful, and great all this was (and still is) there was one great big missing piece that demanded to be filled... Jesus Christ was not number one in my life. I love my family so much, but no one -- no thing! -- should ever be put in the place that Jesus Christ Himself must stand.

I became a Christian when I was seven years old. No testimony there. My dad is a theologian and led me to Christ in the simple sinner's prayer. Although I had Christ living inside of me, I didn't have a live and active faith of my own. I knew all of the facts, Bible stories, and jargon that my dad told me, but I still wasn't "on fire" for Jesus. For years, I leaned on my dad's faith pretending it was my own. Still, Jesus was not number one in my life; instead, I decided to fill my life will books and fantastic worlds.

I love fantasy. I majorly, MAJORLY LOVE FANTASY!!! And, as long as it is not taking Jesus' place I will read and read and draw and dream. But, life cannot solely revolve around the imaginative characters in a world that doesn't exist and still be on path to Jesus. With that knowledge, you can see, my life did not revolve around Jesus.

To Be Continued...
Parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger