>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rings

I decided to start this cool idea... Everyone is wearing promise rings these days and I thought I'd expound on that. Here's why:

During the time of the Roman empire, whenever men would go off to war they'd give their wives their wedding rings. In case they died in battle, the soldiers didn't want their rings to become enemy plunder. So, while the men were away fighting, the wives would keep the rings and wear them as thumb-rings.

With that tradition in mind, I decided to start wearing a thumb-ring. Whenever I meet Mr. Right I'll give him the ring as an engagement present.

Now, odds are that your thumb probably isn't the same size as your some-day-fiancee's (my Mom's thumb is a size 7 while my Dad's ring finger is a size 10). But still, it's a cool idea! All this time, you've been waiting to give this gift to the guy you'll be spending the rest of your life with!


Since I am hoping that the ring will fit my future husband, I got a less feminine ring than I probably wold have otherwise gotten. It doesn't have to be super macho or wide, but I does need to look like something a guy would consider wearing. (Here's a picture of mine. It's stainless steel, but maybe one day I'll upgrade :D)


For the guys out there, perhaps you could consider wearing a special necklace for her. Once again, it doesn't have to be super girly or so fragile you're afraid it will break while you play sports! But it does have to look like something a girl would consider wearing; here are some suggestions...

I'm a total, "It's the thought that counts!" Really, people, it doesn't have to be platinum with a million bucks of diamonds in it. And -- to you dudes out there especially! -- as long as it won't break or make you turn green, we'll really be happy with it! It's not the price or material that matters, but the idea that you were thinking about us.

And don't forget! Never take it off! =)

Clicking on the images will make them larger. Also, if you decide to join this "movement" leave a comment below! The one of the biggest lies that the enemy tries to push on us is that, "You're the only one."

1 comments:

Christine Ericson said...

I'm here. And I'm wearing a thumb-ring for my future husband!

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger