>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Luxe

Title: The Luxe Series

Rating/Review:
Language (1 being clean, 10 being cuss-a-thon) - 8, several d--n's, hell's, bastard, and b---h

Morality (1 being righteous, 10 being hethanistic) - 9, these girls think nothing of their virginity. The first guy they fall in love with, they sleep with. The series paints the picture that it's okay to have sex before marriage or extra-marital sex, as long as you really do love the person (we can see a billion theological problems with that statement RIGHT THERE!) There are at least two sex scenes, MANY kisses, and a host of other problems!

Violence (1 being clean, 10 being a blood bath) - 2, I don't believe there is any actual "violence", but there is verbal abuse, backstabbing, viscous scheming and plotting.

Theme (1 being righteous, 10 being satanic) - 6, this book takes place in the Victorian era, where keeping a clean, high-society image is a must. But these characters have no problem being lying adulteresses.

Over-all interest and read-ability (1 being terrible, 10 being amazing) - 9, unfortunately, this is a very well written book. By the world's standards, an "enthralling read," but the repeated abuse of modesty, morality, and truth make it quite poisonous.

Plot Summary: (I'm going to due a HUGE sum up, because this is such a twisted plot!) Elizabeth, Penelope, Diana, and Carolina live in 1899 Manhattan, and play at gossip, slander, and backstabbing to get the men that they desire.

Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."

4 comments:

D.B. said...

Hey Christine,
Just a thought on your point scale-though I doubt I'll be reading any of these books anytime soon, I love the book reviews. :-)

With your point sytem, it might be more helpful to keep the negatives all on one side (say your 1s and 2s) and the best scores on the higher end (9s and 10s), instead of switching between topics.

Also, perhaps a straight 1-10 scale. Maybe your readers are more talented but us ADD boys might have some difficulty or...what was I saying. :-)

Just some thoughts. Keep up the good work.

Derrick

Christine Ericson said...

Thanks, Derrick. I was wondering about that, thanks!

But ya, I was going though a bunch of books at the library and they all turned out terrible! I was thinking I'd do all my other bookworms a favor and at least tell them what NOT to read <P

D.B. said...

I love the book reviews. I just thought it might clarify things if you kept good on one side and bad on the other. :-) Lot of crazy books out there.

Just as important as saying which books to avoid or not but how to think clearly through them and not "midlessly" read or later watch them.

Christine Ericson said...

*BIG HEART!* Thank-you Derrick! I always love your feedback!

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger