>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Trial By Fire

     Unfortunately there are times when our circumstances feel completely out of control. No matter which way we turn, there is another obstacle -- another hardship. To make everything worse, one feels as though there will never be a moment of rest. The small gaps in between difficulties feel more like tense waiting, rather than a respite. It's almost like a "bad news/worse news" scenario. I'm the type of person that wants to "hurry-up and get it over with"; so, these periods of waiting are particularly difficult for me.

     Yet, God is with us. Much to our dismay, He may even be the one who put us in the trial (though more often, it is we who put ourselves there.) The thing to keep in mind is the purpose of existence: to bring glory to God. No matter what our circumstances are, we're to bring glory to God. There are other benefits as well: a stronger character, the ability to help others, a better relationship with God...

     For each person the test will be different. Different people will have different areas with which they struggle; therefore, what might be a trial for one may only be an inconvenience for another. An area with which I have trouble is maintaining my relationship with God. I struggle with being consistent in my prayer and devotions -- I'll do it every day for 2 months then not at all for the following month. The way God keeps me on track is to place me in situations that I cannot cope with on my own. Unpleasant for me, but the reward of growing closer to God is unfathomable.

    One of the most difficult parts of trials is this: if you don't learn what God wanted you to learn the first go around, God will send you through a second time. And a third time -- until you become what He wants you to be. I and so many know this from experience. Some of the "valley of the shadow of death" 's that I had to go through were because I didn't listen to God the first time.

     BUT be encouraged. No matter how difficult your life is, and no matter how little rest you receive in this life there is a reward awaiting us in Heaven. Each time
we as Christians go through something difficult -- and bring glory to God through it -- we are granted eternal rewards that will NEVER fade. This life is only temporary -- fleeting -- but God is FOREVER.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger