>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Don't Stress

     With the school year in full swing, we are now getting to the time when due-dates, assignments and projects are needing to be finished. Time is running out and stress is running high. If you're anything like me, the week before an assignment is due, you freak-out! I desire so strongly to do my absolute best that I melt down right before I have to turn it in. Much of the time, I feel as though no matter how much effort I put into a project I could have done more.

     However, in these times of distress -- or seeming distress -- my mother tells me her favorite saying.

"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

     At first I want do scream, "That doesn't make me feel any better!" but then I realize that she is right. The only way to complete any project is to START and to start by taking ONE step at a time. No matter how large or insurmountable an assignment might seem the first thing to do is get started. Nothing will complete itself, but remember that the best or most that you can do is all you can give.

     One of my favorite quotes is from Mother Teresa, "I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much." God will never put you in a situation that is beyond your ability -- we often times put ourselves in situations that we cannot handle, but God never does. If we are positive that we are where God want us to be and we are doing what He wants us to do, the rest is up to Him.

      If you feel like you are drowning in schoolwork remember that there is an end. You can finish. God is with you the whole while. Allow Him to strengthen you and there will be nothing that can stand in your way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger