>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall Colors

     I live next to a large hill covered in trees. This is the time of year when the hill become alive with the wonderful colors of fall! Bright reds, golds, vibrant oranges make this hill a marvel to look at.

     This is God's creation. He created these scenes for us to enjoy. It's almost like a good-bye present from summer -- now that warm weather is gone, we need one last show before winter claims the world. It's important for us to take time to enjoy the sight. In spite of our busy schedules, we need to remember God and how magnificent He is. By stopping for just a few moments, we are acknowledging that God is our Lord and Provider -- He is the one who make us and made these beautiful fall leaves, is it not right that we give Him a little of our time?

     Something my family likes to do to remember God's creation is to take a fall drive. If you live in a big city or an area that does not have any trees, go to the library and check out a book on fall photography. My mother used to live in Los Angeles and this was one of her favorite pastimes. If you yourself cannot physically enjoy the spectacular show of fall colors, remember that God made it for you too. By looking at the wonders God has created, a small piece of His magnificence is known.

     For me, music is another way that I understand God. Music is filled with different emotions ranging from joy to sadness, anger to celebration. Knowing that God created music blows my mind every time I think about it. Here is a series of sounds that are not words but carry weight as though they were words. If notes go up it sounds happy. If the notes go down they sound sad. Faster music makes me want to dance. Slower music makes me want to think -- or sometimes sleep ;) But every song is different. Every genera is different. Good lyrics are important too. God made all of it.

     In a quote from Plato, "I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning." After taking a class in music theory I completely agree. Music has everything in it and the fact God created it is wondrous to me.

     Take some time to enjoy fall. Remember that God is master and created everything for our benefit and enjoyment in the confines of His word. Through His law and grace we are set free to enjoy the marvels of music and nature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger