>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Note to Goofballs

Here is a letter my best friend's dad posted on facebook. I thought it was hysterical -- being a daughter -- but I also thought it brought up some good points (my dad can be quite terrifying at times too).


"A Note to Goofballs Who Are Interested In My Daughters....


My daughters have reached the age where they are attracting goof balls .... boys. What's worse, my daughters are thrilled by the attention.

I'm not allowing my daughters to date. Until my daughters reach an age where they can abandon their life and decide to merge all their desires, hopes and dreams with this goof ball's they have no business dating. In the words of a famous philosopher, Emily Fisher, all dating relationships will end in one of two ways. They will either get married or break up. I wish to spare my daughters the pain, suffering, and junk that goes with so many high school sweet heart relationships.

If you are a goof ball reading this, I have some advice. Be my daughter's friend. This will keep you and my daughter out of trouble with me, and it is also a sign of maturity. A relationship built on friendship has a much better chance of being long term, than any relationship built on butterflies. If a friendship does not develop, move on and count yourself fortunate. You have not spent money on dates, nor have you spent the emotional energy that goes into a dating relationship.

As a father, I can so relate to Roxanne's dad in the "Goofy Movie." See the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR0XhGCz1dU

I don't want to talk to these goof balls, I don't want to associate with them, and I wish they would all just go away! But since I don't see that happening, the following is list of characteristics that I hope my daughters find in a man.

1. Christian. A saving faith in Jesus Christ will carry a relationship through the challenges of life, both good and bad.

2. Friendship. Again, a relationship built on friendship has a much better chance of being long term, than any relationship built on butterflies.

3. Respect for other people; respect for my daughter; respect for authority.

4. Healthy relationship with his parents.

5. A clue about what he is going to do with the rest of your life. If he is in college, then he needs to be a significant way through with his studies; for example a junior in a field where he can conceivably get a job. If college is not part of his plans, then a significant job for the last 2+ years.

6. Involvement in a church."

If you are a girl who does not have a godly man for a father, please take note, and remember what's been said when you are considering a guy.

If you are a guy, this will certainly make things easier when you are dealing with the father of a girl you are interested in. He was a guy once too and knows everything that you're going through -- EVERYTHING! So when he towers over you and intimidates you, he only wants to make absolutely sure that you're gong to take care of his girl, and that you're not just "in it for the ride" like so many are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger