>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter

Some people asked me to share some more personal things. Here is a taster to tie you over until I can put up my testimony :) How do you like that? =P

Easter is probably my favorite holiday -- yes, more than Christmas. This is the week-end that we get to celebrate the paying of our sin's debt. Jesus Christ was tortured and killed for out sakes, and this death was unique in and of itself because it is physically impossible for any human being to endure what He did. Jesus had a perfect body, unwracked with sin. His pureness could withstand blows that would kill an ordinary human. You know what that means? If you attempted to undergo what Jesus went through, you'd die before you'd reach half way. That ensures Jesus the position that no man could suffer more than He did for you.

Easter is a wonderful time for my family and I. We sleep in and enjoy a warm gooey breakfast together. We read the Passion story in the Bible and then watch "The Passion of the Christ" movie, after which we have communion. I love having communion. My dad had a little communion set and we use grape juice and crackers for the wine and unleavened bread.

When my Grandparents are with us over Easter, we have a few extra traditions we throw in. My Grandparents are Catholic (we are trying to witness to them so that they will believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to be saved -- but that's another post) so on Good Friday we don't eat meat. So we'll cook fish (isn't that a meat? Yes, but for some reason it doesn't count in the Catholic Church) and have salads and... Hot Cross Buns! I'm not crazy about the colored "citrons" in the bread, but I make my own with raisins instead -- mmm! Easter Day we have lamb and Italian Easter Bread.

But, in all this, my favorite part is watching the Passion with my family. We'll close all the blinds, brake-out the box of tissues and huddle on the couch with blankets. We cry and hug each other as we watch our Lord be murdered on our behalf and scream with joy and victory at His resurrection.

Easter is a time very dear to my family and I. We have always draw together and remembered why we must strive to be the best example of Christ that we can be. As my father says, "After everything that Jesus has done for you -- never mind all the extra blessings He gives us every day -- isn't it reasonable to OBEY?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger