>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Fairy!

Okay! Since I finished that FOREVER long post on Love Languages, I decided to celebrate by doing a completely random post on my favorite topic: FAIRIES!





There are so many kinds of "Fairies" I could devote an entire blog to just describing them... The basic categories are:
  • Fairies
  • Sprites
  • Pixies
I could go crazy with how many other fairies there are that are a category all by themselves: undines, sylphs, and the Selie Court to name a few.









My personal favorites of the fairies are forest fairies. They are wise and mysterious, and they live in my favorite place... the forest. These forest fairies are the makers of fairy rings. They have a great feast at the threshold of each season and never forget a kindness done to them...









Water fairies are just behind forest fairies. They are very fast and are often mistaken for dragonflies. Water fairies aren't as mischievous as pixies, but do tend to prank passers by. They are, after all, fairies.




















So those are my top for normal (if anything faerie is "normal) fairies. Of coarse there are warriors in faerie land. As odd as it sounds, they do ride horses into battle, but fairies NEVER carry iron or steel (this includes swords.) Fairy weaponry is very unique. The "swords" are made of some special alloy unknown to humans and are thoroughly encrusted with magic. A test to weather or not the "fairy" you are up against is a fairy or an elf is to find their reaction to iron. Elves are one of the few faeries that iron does not affect.








As I think of more things I'll probably update this post, but the easiest thing to remember when determining the strength of a fairy is

  1. Likeness to an insect: the more "human-ish" the more powerful.
  2. Size: the larger the fairy the more powerful.
  3. Wings: if the fairy does NOT have wings, odds are it is part of the Selie Court. These fairies are THE MOST POWERFUL fairies. Do not even think of trying to trick them -- It will most certainly mean your doom.














I know this is supposed to be about fairies, but I just have to throw in... I'm an elf. You heard me right, Christine Ericson is an Elf. Want to see my picture? I am currently under apprenticeship to be a healer and am the Lady of Hanalith.

15 comments:

Estevam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Estevam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine Ericson said...

I'm sorry, I'll only accept comments in English.

Derrick said...

Hey, where do you get all your girly pics? And, by that I mean pics that are girly as opposed to pics of girls.

I have not finished reading your others posts, but I notice you have quite the eclectic selection of pictures. How do you get them on your blog so fast?

D.

Christine Ericson said...

I've been collecting them for like... since my Dad got his computer so perhaps 3 years? I'm an art freak so whenever I find a picture I like I keep it... (Especially Fantasy)

Kaci E. said...

This blog is pretty cool. I LOVE your fairy pics!!!:)

Christine Ericson said...

Thank-you! This was more an excuse to post a bunch of pictures... I'm thinking I may have to do a post on everyone's favorite evil creature, the Dragon...

Ariel said...

Wow! I didn't know you were an elf! That's so cool! ;)

Anonymous said...

Why are dragons always evil?Or actually,it seems like everyone thinks their evil.Why?
Kaci E.

Christine Ericson said...

Dragons aren't ALWAYS evil, but let's say most aren't trustworthy. Even the "good" ones are unpredictable... Dragons are selfish and greedy; they will do whatever they can to get what they want.

Christine Ericson said...

"Wow! I didn't know you were an elf! That's so cool! ;)"

Thanks! Yep, that's why I'm such a tree-person!

Anonymous said...

Have you read the Eragon Series of books by Christopher Paolini. The kid was 16 or 17 when he wrote his first book. It's about a non-evil dragon. Or at least one. :-)

Derrick

Christine Ericson said...

YES! I love the Eragon series. I can't wait for the last one! I've got a bunch of friends who are really into it too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE FAIRIES
I am acctualy writing a fantasy series about fairies...

Christine Ericson said...

Really? I enjoy reading fairy books, but it's hard to find Christian fairy books -- or just Christian Fantasy in General...

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger