>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Me Time: Final Registration

(This was a post I did forever ago, but never got around to publishing.)

So school has just barely started for me and I'm already filling out scholarship applications for the spring semester. I've got a stack of books at my elbow and a camera (instead of a photocopy machine). I started thinking about how much God has blessed me personally.

It was final registration today (which is what got me to start looking at scholarships) and I had a blast just spending the day with my buddies from last semester. This reminded me of how Jesus Christ has given me more than I could ever ask for through my family and friends.

I've mentioned before how my family used to moved -- no less than -- every two years. Building strong friendships was hard when we knew we were just going to leave again. Sometimes we didn't want to make friends because the people around us were, shall we say, less than Godly. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the traveling. New places! New faces! God allowed me to see more of our country than most people in a life-time. However, the familiarity of old friends and "going to see grandma" was something I'd never experienced.

Another aspect of my family was that a lot of my extended family doesn't like my immediate family (specifically my Mom and Dad.) They believe that their traditions overrule both the Bible and God's personal direction. So, when it came to interacting with family, everything was muddled and awkward.

Yet, God was faithful.

Wherever we went, God provided peace for us, whether in the solace of our four-person family or in encouragement from the Body of Christ. God always provided for us when we needed him most.

Now, after the new stage of actually living in one place for almost seven years, God is showing me what it's like to be surrounded by friends. People whom you've gotten to know over time and care about. My best friend just left for school. I know I won't be able to see her for a long time, but I know that our bond is so strong, that if I need to call her at 2 o'clock in the morning to cry, she will answer and cry with me.

I had one of the greatest days of my life today, getting to see my friends from last semester. Catching up on our activities, family news and over all well-being... It amazed me how many people I knew and enjoyed.

God abandons no one. We abandon ourselves. God will provide for us, all we need to do is use what He gives -- physically and emotionally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger