>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sunshine after Rain

Bring me the sunshine!
Bring me the light!
The rays warm my heart; they warm my soul.
The darkest night is followed by the brightest day.
No matter how bleak the storm,
And no matter how loud the thunder,
The sun will always break through...

Isn't it interesting how whenever we are at our deepest lows we see God the clearest? It is when we become comfortable that we loose sight of God. "Thanks, God, but I can take it from here," say our minds, but that is our greatest problem. How many have heard the phrase, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times"? Charles Dickens wrote that at the beginning of his story A Tale of Two Cities. How can you have both the best and worst of times? Look at our world today: the average family has a house, two cars, a flat screen TV, more than one computer... Look at our world today: abortion is legal, teen pregnancy is at an all time high, murders run rampant, drugs are sold on nearly every street corner... From "EARTH'S" perspective we've got it all together, but from God's perspective, we couldn't be more lost.

We are headed for the tribulation. The destruction of humanity. Things can't get any darker. They cannot get anymore hopeless. But, "The night is always darkest just before the dawn," and the closer we get to the tribulation, the closer we get to Jesus' second coming -- the Triumphant Entry! Do not loose hope, brother's and sisters. Even in the dark there is hope!

I close my eyes and fear to open them.
What will I see?
Destruction? Famine? Earth is in ruins...
A light shocks my eyes open and I see,
I see a gleaming king on a gleaming horse
A shining army rides behind Him.
I lift my arms and am taken up to Him.
He says, "You called on Me and I answered."

1 comments:

Reversed Edge said...

On the note of seeing God clearest in our darkest hour, there is a verse that I think applies--

It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. -Psalm 119:71

The word "afflicted" means to chatsen, humble, submit self, etc. The word "statutes" means an appointment of labor, commandment, decree, set time, task. So by this verse, it is good for us to be humbled and put in our place in life; because that is one of the steps in God's divine plan for us as His children. And that goes back to the verse about the Lord chastening the ones he loves, just as a father to the son in which he delighteth. That's what I gathered from all of this. Anyway, just some food for thought.

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger