>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Mermaids








I love art, and today I thought that I would share some of my favorite pieces -- mermaid pieces that is.


This Picture makes me think of a sculpture carefully chiseling our his master piece when before he knows it, the carving begins taking on a life of its own.








This image has always intrigued me by its nearly seamless transition from a lady into water and sky. How the folds of her sleeves morph into clouds astounds me.




This picture makes me think of endless caverns and mysterious places long forgotten in the deep.



I love her tail in this parchment sketch. The touching scene of the human and the mermaid reminds me of The Little Mermaid but something is a little different. Perhaps it is that determined look in here eye.






A lonely mermaid, resting against a purple sky. Perhaps someone will sneak up on her when she is not looking...




Manu by Sarah B. Seiter makes me think of an attendant of the Lady of the Lake, or perhaps a mermaid that has raided a sunken ship or two (by that gold hoop in her "ear").

1 comments:

Danica Moon said...

the top pick doesn't look exactly like a mermaid but a selkie. its scotish i think

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger