>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guy Talk

I love it when I'm reading a magazine and they have a section usually labeled "Guy Talk" where they have a bunch of guys state their opinion on something. I decided to do my own take and did a poll at my youth group...

The question was "What are 3 physical characteristics you find attractive in a girl and 3 spiritual/personality characteristics you find attractive." The entire experience (having never done a survey) was quite entertaining. I have a feeling I should have asked a slightly different question like "What are attributes you look for in a wife," but too late for that now ;D

I will say to anyone interested in doing a survey, it's not as scary as it probably sounds, and just about everyone is willing to give it a try!

So here's how it'll work: I'll put a "P" in front of the phrase for "physical" and a "C" in front for character. I'll end with the age of the person I interviewed.

P: Nice Smile, Good Hygiene, Pretty Eyes
C: Funny, Kinda Smart, Mature
-three 16-year-olds
P: Takes care of herself, Smells Good, Clean Hair
C: Positive, Faithful, Not-superficial
-18
P: I think Glasses are cute with pretty eyes and a smile
C: Sense of humor, has the gift of service, understanding
-16
P: Soft Skin
C: Cooks
-17
P: Long Hair, Not Taller than me
C: Funny, but can be serious, not demanding
-a 15 and a 14 year-old
P: Short hair, Virgin, knows how to play games
C: Christian, Smart
-a group of 14 and 15-year-olds
P: I like a girl with long arms. I think it's cool when girls wear backpacks too.
C: Loves Jesus, Smart, and likes James Bond
-16
P: Pretty Face and Fit
C: Honest, Out-going, Kind-heart, Christian
-15

I interviewed around 40 guys 14-18 and overwhelmingly the physical characteristics that attracted them the most were, face/eyes/smile (I think guys just say "face" to include everything) and hair. The personality characteristics that about 80-90% of the guys said were funny/good-sense-of-humor and smart.

Now, my intention with this post was NOT to get a bunch of girls to change themselves into something guys might find "more attractive". Notice that none of the terms are defined; what do guys consider "pretty" was not my question. I just wanted to have a little fun and get some variety of opinion.

6 comments:

Christine Ericson said...

I think guys give too many one-word-answers! ;)

a couple things that didn't make it in the post were:
Crazy fun
Not Boring
Agreeable

Ties her shoe laces
Hands
Feet

Christine Ericson said...

One more think to my gentleman readers: put up your answers to the question -- if you got the hutspah *wink* XD

Reversed Edge said...

Well, I guess I'm up for the survey.

P: Has a smile most of the time; modest dress; pretty eyes.

C: Honest; loving; loves God more than anything else (including me); someone who will keep me in line; someone who enjoys being close to me.

Those are my basic "requests" to God for my future spouse.

Anonymous said...

This is a cool entry!
-Kaci E.

Reversed Edge said...

One more that I forgot in the personality area, was that I look for a woman who does NOT use profanity.

Christine Ericson said...

Thanks guys! Every bit helps <3

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger