>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Friday, November 20, 2009

A New Dress

I am for bringing dresses back -- and I'm NOT talking about those mini dresses that don't even cover my chihuahua! Dresses are an element of femininity that seems to be slightly lost today. Come on girls, when you head out of the house, do you really grab that skirt? Or do head for your trusty pair of jeans? Please understand that I'm not bashing jeans -- I have a closet full of well worn, well loved jeans -- but when all we wear are split legs what happens to that special sense of femininity that belongs to us? And when we do wear dresses, is it really because the dress is more modest? I can't tell you how many times I've come across some girl who is actually wearing a dress, but the dress was anything BUT modest.

There is a dress for every body type, and ladies, they really are comfortable if you take the time to look. What's wrong with wanting to feel like the princesses we are? I personally favor floor length dresses, but if you prefer knee length that's fine too. I say getting you into a dress is the first step. I literally have 20 skirts and at least 10 dresses. Dresses are free moving, and add an element of mystery. Jazz it up with different scarves, cinch it with a belt, add flavor with crazy tights -- one dress can go a looooooooooong way!

I'm known for wearing skirts ALL THE TIME, and everywhere. One Wednesday I went to youth group and I actually decided to wear a pair of jeans. Nobody recognized me, and unfortunately I got more than a few "looks" from the guys. Again, I'm not saying that pants, jeans or even shorts are always immodest, but the simple fact that changing into skirts once in a while creates a whole new level of modesty.

I am a proponent of the dress because it shows the world that we're not afraid of being what we are -- women. We used to be call the "gentler sex" and that was a compliment! We were what brought mercy and compassion into our dealings with people. Now, I'm not saying ALL women are bathtubs overflowing with mercy and compassion (one of my less flattering nicknames at home is "Merciless") but we have lost this attribute so drastically that it's frightening.

BRING BACK THE DRESS!

1 comments:

Christine Ericson said...

I would like to say that these dresses came from

http://www.rossetticouture.com/
and
http://www.pearsonsrenaissanceshoppe.com/

Those are two of my FAVORITE shops!
P.S. The pictures get a lot bigger if you click on them :)

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger