>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

There is nothing we can't face...

The battle is not ours
     We look to God above
For He will guide us safely through
     And guard us with His love.

So do not be afraid.
     We need not run and hide,
For there is nothing we can't face
      When God is at our side

     It is easy for me to see how God uses different circumstances to make us into the people He wants us to be. We are promised:
... that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28 NASB)
     The bad things, the good things, the less than perfect actions, the more than terrible events, the mistakes, the successes... Everything! God works everything into an opportunity to bring Him glory. Understand, this does NOT give us the right to do whatever we want in whatever manner we choose:
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! (Romans 6:1-2a NASB, emphasis added)
     God commands us to be the absolute best we can be, BUT this does not mean we can be (or even should try to be) perfect. Perfection is reserved for God alone, but as Christians we are to do everything within our abilities to become as Christ-like as possible.

     This is a concept that I understand well. The Lord has granted me a strong faith; so, believing His promises to be true is very natural for me. What I am just learning, and struggling with, is humility. I want to do so much for God, but for whatever reasons, He is choosing not to allow me the opportunities that I want. My struggle is being content with the abilities and resources God has given me. There is so much that I want to do and that I want to be -- I want to grow and reach more people for the glory of God -- BUT that is not always God's way.

     We are to become less so that Christ can become more. If we are constantly preoccupied with how much "range" we have as Christians, we have lost our focus. God has created each and every one of us unique and with a special, specific purpose. He has intricately designed you to do something for His kingdom. This may be something that, by earthly standards, is very, very small; however, doing something small unto the glory and obedience of God is of infinite worth to Him. All the glory, money or prestige of the world is worthless if it is not in obedience to the will of God.

     God uses everything: "good" events and "bad" events, but He also uses people: great big billionaires and little tiny elementary schoolers. There is nothing "too big" or "too small" that God cannot or does not use to further His glory. We may never know in this life all of the little things we did that brought honor to the Kingdom of God, but God sees EVERYTHING, and He uses EVERYTHING for His good.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV)
     God uses the weak and the strong. In fact, in weakness, God is more clearly made known and His glory is more readily seen.
Psalm 139:13-14 NIV

For you created my inmost being;
     you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
     your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
     God created you intentionally. We live in a sinful world, depraved and full of imperfections, but God knew you and designed you before the world was made. He knew everything you would do and everything you would be. To be discontent with the resources and abilities God has given you is to shake your fist at God and say, "God, you made a mistake." The world is broken because of sin, but God has provided a way out. He has given us new purpose and new hope.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
     And in His will we are unstoppable!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13 NKJV)

1 comments:

Christine Ericson said...

Any guesses where I got the opening quote? Leave it in the comments below!

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger