>

Status:

Hello, my name is Christine Ericson. This blog is so I might add my voice to the thousands of Christians who wish to speak out on their beliefs. I want to encourage those out there who, "have not bowed their knee to Baal," and to remind everyone that God's ultimate Will will be done.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Here in the Plains of Shinar

Here in the Plains of Shinar, it is anything but plain. In the bountiful rein of Nimrod, the Great, the people have risen up to build a monument to their power. In the heart of the city of Babylon, the greatest ziggurat to ever grace the world is being constructed. I interviewed one of the main wall architects and this is what he had to day about the matter.




"I believe that is will be the full embodiment of how great, we as human beings, have become. We grow crops, build roads -- We are the best, and greatest this world has to offer. It is our hope that this Tower, will prove that we have the power. The stars are the limit!"

A casual glance at this project will show that it is definitely the pinnacle of architecture. Even as it is unfinished, the top of the tower is hidden in the clouds. The outer staircases are wide enough for five to walk abreast and each level is graced with carvings and windows. I tried to get an audience with King Nimrod, but he was unavailable for comments. However, his head priest had this to say.

"We are planning to make this tower the greatest temple to ever stand. It is a temple to us; we have become gods. We survived the Great Flood; it is us who are the true gods of this earth! As proof, we are building this tower temple to the very heart of the heavens. We will be as great as the heavenly stars."

Yesterday was the Grand Opening of the lower floors. The public was be given a tour and sacrifices were made to King Nimrod. As soon as the first of the flames began licking at the carcass, however, pandemonium ensued. I saw people fall off the levels of the tower and plummet to the ground. I saw people screaming at each other, and even more were running about in terror. When I tried to inquire what the chaos was about, I could not understand anyone. Perhaps we are not gods, as everyone has been saying, for our language has changed. I heard at least 20 different styles of speaking, and I know that no one understood a word I was saying.

All construction on the tower had halted. Since no one can understand each other, there is no way that the temple will be completed. Our crowning glory has now become our crowning shame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Princess
of the
Lily White Rose
- Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger